Scammers got me down


I realized it has been a hot minute since I posted anything on my blog. I haven't slowed down quilting (or traveling), just blogging.

As my little quilt business starts to pick up, I am getting more and more requests from scammers for quilts. At first the inquiry would get me excited, and I would engage with the conversation. Then it would always end when they wanted Zelle or CashApp information. I still try to be polite in case I ever get a "real" request from a potential customer, but I have figured out how to more quickly get to the point and let them know I am not giving out my financial information.



This quilt did NOT involve a scammer. It was a request from a friend who ultimately could not purchase the final product. So I listed it for sale on Etsy and also posted a picture on my personal social media. An old college friend contacted me, and it was sold immediately. 

Not my usual color palette, and way beyond anything I would have come up with. But it got a lot of positive attention, again proving that it is good to try new things and stretch now and then.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back at the longarm

Quilt backs

Custom orders